Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Blogger Vacation

The Return:
Hello one and all! Sorry for my prolonged absence.  What started with a late Halloween night on Thursday, turned into something every night until now.  Friday night we had a college basketball game we went to after I got off of work, Saturday there was a football game, Sunday we had a family get together, Monday night we had to take an "emergency" trip to a store and then decided to have dinner out, Tuesday night we were following the election updates. By the end of each day I was drained and had no motivation to write. That being said, there is plenty to talk about and should make for a good catch up entry.

Trick-or-Treat:
Cora was so fun to take trick-or-treating this year. She went as a pirate just like her mother and I went as a Duck Dynasty character. Just pick one, it doesn't matter.  She was very good at saying trick-or-treat at every house and saying thank you after getting each treat.  She got so excited every time we got to a new door. As much as I enjoyed Halloween as a kid, I think I enjoyed watching Cora have the time of her life even more. I guess that's what it is all about. Not just Halloween, but having kids in general. You live for the moments when their eyes light up and in their mind nothing is wrong with the world. It makes me so excited for Christmas this year for her. I hope she will find that excitement in giving and seeing others happiness around the holidays someday too.























Celebration Of A Loss:
My brother in-law ran for mayor of his city this year and the elections were yesterday. As you may already have gathered from the title of this section he didn't win. In fact, to be brutally honest, it wasn't even close. He only received 14% of the total vote. I would like to say this about it though, I'm extremely proud of him and his courage to take that step and opportunity to exercise his rights to run for office. He has now done something that I have always said I would do and have never had the gumption to do. He has inspired me to follow my dreams and I will be running for public office in four years. So even though He will probably never read this, congratulations and thank you.

Consistency:
I'll be getting back in the groove of writing more often. After writing this entry I realized that I missed writing things down.  For the reader that keeps wondering when I will answer their question, my answer is that it will be in tomorrows blog. I got side tracked on YouTube again.  If you ever want to kill sometime and want to ruin a movie for yourself go check out Everything Wrong With on YouTube. You will waste so much time you won't know what happened. Anyway, it's close to midnight so I'm gonna wrap it up and go to sleep. I hope you enjoyed and check back tomorrow night for another new entry. Take care!







No comments:

Post a Comment