Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sunday, The Beginning That Is The End.

Sunday is coming to a close. It signals the beginning of a new week but the end of the weekend. Overall it was a good day filled with good friends, good food, and of course good football. As the weekend draws to a close there aren't to many things rolling around my mind tonight so it should be a short and sweet entry for everyone.

The Children Are Running The Show:
Today in church was our Primary Program.  What that is is a program where the children of the church, between the ages of 3 to 11, have small talking assignments and they sing several hymns.  My wife is the leader of the Primary in our church and therefore in charge of planning and coordinating the entire program.  Now she had hoped for it to go off without a hitch, but to be honest no one watches it to see it go perfectly.  Everyone comes to watch to see the small kids have a hard time containing themselves while being in front of everybody.  I've learned to look at the kids that have been assigned to sit next to one of the adults.  I've found they have been set there for a reason.  They jump up and down, wave, make faces, bug their neighbor, and just over all act like a kid in every possible way.  One of the kids today decided he needed to yell his part into the microphone.  As soon as he started yelling his teacher backed him up and explained to him not to yell and let him step back up to the mic.  Well apparently the message wasn't clear enough because this time he decided he needed to yell louder.  It was very entertaining to say the least.

Three For Three:
For those of you that were following along, I did end up going the distance. As previously mentioned the 49ers won Thursday, the Aggies won Friday, and to this point I am beating my wife in our fantasy football match up by 69 points. She has one more player to play tomorrow night.  It is Drew Brees for the New Orleans Saints.  Just to put it in perspective of how hard that would be to beat me, in week 1 Peyton Manning had 7 touchdown passes for 460 yards and only scored 53 points.  So I'm chalking this one to a win and if something incredible happens there may not be a blog tomorrow night while I sulk about it.

Sunday Dinner:
After church we went for a little drive to our friends house that live about 20 minutes away.  We took over ingredients to make Zupa Tuscana for dinner. We got there and turned on the games and waited while our wives made the soup. They also made a cake called "Better Than Sex Cake."  It is a chocolate cake that when it comes out of the oven you poke a bunch of toothpick holes in it and drizzle chocolate syrup all over it. After you put the syrup all over it you put it in the fridge to cool. after it has cooled down you spread cool whip all over the top, sprinkle toffee bits on it, and then drizzle it with chocolate and caramel syrup on top of it all.  It is to die for, literally.  If you eat enough of you may actually have a heart attack.  So between some good games on TV and the good food, Sunday turned out to be pretty good.

Close The Shutters:
Well that wraps it up for tonight. I've emptied out everything that was lurking in the corners of my brain from today. I guess that says a lot about the contents of my mind.... I may need to put a lot more effort in consuming my brain cells with more important stuff like whether I should have a regular corn dog or a jalapeƱo corn dog for lunch tomorrow. Those are the kind of decisions that can take you far in life. Until next time enjoy the end of the weekend and the beginning of the new week.

2 comments:

  1. You asked for questions so here you go: I don't understand Fantasy Football Teams. Can you please explain the game and the allure?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe no one told me about the kid yelling into the microphone for the Primary Program! If I didn't know better, I would have sworn it was mine. I'd better not ask though...just to be safe. :) Thanks for the recipe for the cake--I haven't had it in years, and couldn't remember what on earth it had on/in it!

    ReplyDelete