Monday, October 28, 2013

Do All Dogs Really Go To Heaven?

9 Hours Of Hell:
Well It has been a few days since I have posted anything. I had my brother's wedding festivities all weekend and by Sunday night I was completely brain dead. Suffice it to say that the weekend was good, extremely tiring, but good. Now to explain the header. It all started at about 11:30 last night. Like I said my weekend had already been extremely tiring. I decided that before I went to bed I would finish all the dishes in the sink so I didn't have to wake up to them.  After I finished that up I went up to bed while my wife finished watching a show. When I walked into my bedroom a stench wave hit me in the face.  It was extremely fowl and almost gut churning. So I searched out the source and found that my dog had puked all over inside her kennel. Lucky for me most of it made it onto a towel that was inside of the kennel. I gathered up the towel and put it in a grocery sack  because I was not going to even try to clean it up. I then sprayed the inside with a cleaner and wiped it out. I put the used paper towels in the grocery bag as well and tied it up to take it out to the garbage. As I was leaving the bedroom I looked down the hall that leads to the other bedrooms and saw something that took my frustration up another notch. My dog had pooped in the hall on the carpet. No my dog isn't like any normal dog, no, when she poops she has to walk in circles.  So it's not just in one pile, it is in a nice circular pattern for me. Oh, there is one more thing to add to this description - she had the runs. So the top part of the poop was runny, but the bottom had gotten stiff into the shag carpet.  That took me about a have hour to pick up and scrub the carpet. Finally about 12:30 I finished and crawled into bed. My wife followed shortly with our little girl. My little girl has had a few rough nights lately. She wakes up screaming because her legs hurt. My wife and I decided it is most likely because she is having growing pains. We do our best to comfort her and calm her down, but she was up crying every 30 to 45 minutes crying after we would get her to calm down and go back to sleep. That was taking about 20 minutes every time she would wake up. Needless to say I didn't get very much sleep by the time the alarm went off around 7. When it was time to get up I slowly rolled out of bed and made my way to my closet to grab stuff to take a shower. I don't turn the light on in the morning when I go into my closet because I know where everything is. I took two steps in and both had a squishing effect. My gut instantly dropped. I knew exactly what had just happened. I didn't lock the dog into her kennel before going to sleep. I reached over and turned on the light, and there laying in front of me was a circular pile, twice the size as the night before, of runny dog fecal matter. At this point I past frustration and rage, I've reached despair. I dropped to my knees and crawled to the toilet and got some toilet paper to wipe my feet off. After I cleaned my feet off I got my stuff to shower and went and took care of that. After the shower I put on the rubber gloves and cleaned up the mess. This one took me close to 40 minutes and 3 times of holding down puke. What a way to start my Monday huh? I'm so glad this day is over. On to better days. Last night and this morning made my root canal seem fun. On the plus side, Halloween is coming up soon and I'm excited to take my girl around trick-or-treating. 

7 Hours Of Peace?:
That's all I have for today. I did get a request for a topic, so I will go over it tomorrow. After telling that story I'm ready to pack it up and try and get some sleep tonight. Here's to hoping I will be able to sleep through the night tonight and that my day doesn't start by stepping in dog feces.  Once again I appreciate you taking time to read my blog. If you enjoyed it please do me a favor and share it on Facebook, Twitter, or anything you want. There are some share buttons on the top right of the page or just below this paragraph. Hope this makes your day go better than my Monday did. Check back in again tomorrow for a new entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment