Monday, October 21, 2013

I'm Back!!!!

Whirlwind: 
Hello there readers. Sorry about the absence of writing. Starting Friday night all the way through Sunday night has been crazy! By the end of the day each day my brain has been mush and I've been so tired I haven't felt like I needed to write down anything to be able to fall asleep at night. That being said, there is lots that happened that I want to write down. So I'm going to try and recap it the best I can. I'm also going to answer the few questions I had sent it for the mailbag.

Mailbag:
The first question was if my daughter had been introduced to Veggietales. No she hasn't yet, but I think it may be time. I'm done watching Diego and Dora. They have a their time, but that time is not all the time. It's time for a new show for my sanity.

The second question was whether God or the Bogeyman was bigger. So I went and looked up the Bogeyman on Wikipedia to get a history about It. If you're interested to read for yourself, here is the link:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogeyman. What I found out is that the story and lore of the Bogeyman is different in every culture and can even vary from community to community. Sometimes it is a physical personage and others it is an evil spirit. The best I can come up with for the biggest size was kind of like a Bigfoot creature.  As far as God is concerned, in Christian religions it is taught that man was made in His image. However it is also taught that He can be everywhere at once. If He can be everywhere at once, I would say that would make Him bigger than anything. So my conclusion is that God is indeed bigger. Now the question I really think was being asked, is God bigger in world culture than the Bogeyman? Yes, All religions believe in a higher power of some sort. Though, the Bogeyman could be interpreted as the Devil. If that is how you interpret the Bogeyman, then they go hand in had and they are a far spread as each other.


Saturday:
Saturday was a great day. I wrote on Thursday that I had gotten free tickets to the local amusement park. We decided to use them on Saturday.  We got up and got going around 11 in the morning.  We stopped on the way down to grab some lunch. While we were at the sandwich shop my daughter decided she had to go to the bathroom so my wife took her. When she came out she yelled: "Daddy, I went pee in the toilet!" It was awesome. It was pretty busy when we were in there and it got a good laugh from everyone. Then we got back on the road and went to the park.  For the most part my girl loved it. There were a few rides she wasn't a fan of. She like the teacups until I got our cup spinning to fast. When that happened she grabbed my hand and made me hold her around her waist. She loved the train ride that goes through the zoo they have there. We also had our friend Chelsea meet up with us at the park. Cora is a big fan of her and really gets excited to see her because she lives about an hour and a half away now, so Cora liked being able to play with her for a little bit too. By 8:30 we were pretty worn out so we headed for the car. We stopped on the way back for dinner, so we didn't get home until about 11 pm.  At that point my head was mush and I still had to put a lesson together for church the next day. I tried my best to work on it but I didn't get much done until the next morning. Here are some pictures from the park for your enjoyment.
 

Sunday:
As I mentioned above, I had to give a lesson at church. I basically had just read over it the night before and didn't really come up with any ideas of how to teach it. You may say it was my fault for not working on it earlier. If I had been given the material for the lesson earlier I would have to agree with you, but I didn't even know what the lesson was until I received a text about it at 6 pm Saturday while we were at the park. I'm not placing the blame, and I'm not mad, I just feel bad for the class because it was a really bad lesson. Next month I will be a lot more prepared and on the ball. Although I must say I was hoping it was bad enough they wouldn't ask me to teach again. No such luck sadly.  After church we came home. I started cleaning up the house while having football on. Anna had to take a test online so she locked herself up in the office. Cora was content to watch her cartoons on another TV in the house. So Sunday afternoon was good, well all except I got slaughtered in my fantasy football game. It was just ridiculous. I had guys go down with injuries and completely under perform. That's the beauty of the game though, it's so unpredictable it makes it fun. You can put the best team out there and still get crushed. It's all luck of the draw. Aside from the terrible lesson and loss in fantasy football the day was great. The 49ers won there game, oh and I forgot to mention that the USU football team won on Saturday so that was good too. By the time I was done cleaning and mourning my loss, I was to tired to write anything so I just went to bed.

Monday:
Honestly not a lot of note happened today. Just a normal Monday. The highlight of the day is that me and my co-worker went to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch. One of the women that I work with works with CAPSA and today if you ate at BWW then 10% of your bill went to CAPSA, hence the reason we went. I'll be honest though, I look for any excuse to go there. I love buffalo wings. They are one of my all time favorites. Other than that I came home after work and went on a 3 mile run. Man am I out of shape. It's been awhile since I have gone running. Even though it wore me out, it felt good after it was over. It definitely gave me the desire to keep going. I always feel better when I exercise at the end of the day.

Heavy Eyelids:
Well my eyes are closing on me so I'm gonna finish this up. Thanks again for reading and thanks for the emailed questions. If I didn't answer your question today, I will save it for this Friday. If you have any questions or thoughts you want me to write about, send it to me via the contact form on the right side of the page. Enter Sandman.


No comments:

Post a Comment