Thursday, October 24, 2013

Yes, We Can See You

Taking Out The Trash:
Today is the day that the garbage is collected in my neighborhood.  Like many others, I always forget to take it out until the morning when I go out and see all my neighbors have their garbage cans out on the street. While I was driving to work I saw a few people doing exactly what I do and that is dragging the can out to the street early. Well a ways down the street I saw out of the corner of my eye a purple mass.  I looked over and there was this lady wearing a purple moo moo. If you don't know what a moo moo is look at the picture. It is a not what I call a go out in public outfit. Now I understand she was just running out her garbage to the curb and I can let that slide. The funny part is that as I looked over at her she made eye contact with me and gave me a look that to me said: "How dare you look at me while I'm wearing this!" I'm not going to lie, it gave me a good chuckle and made the first part of the day go a lot better.

When Did I Arrive In The Deep South?:
Today while drive on a back road I was coming up on a slow driving truck. When I got close enough to the truck I started to pass it. As I started going around it I got to the point where you can just see the hands on the steering wheel and then I saw the funniest thing I had seen all day. That's saying a lot considering the first story of the day. The man was holding a full set of dentures just out the window airing them out. As I pulled up even with him, he looked over at me and gave me a big toothless grin. I almost had to pull over, I was laughing so hard I was tearing up. I half expected banjos to start playing and to see men sitting on porches drinking moonshine. Well I made it safely to where I was going, but it is needless to say it is an experience I will never forget.

Video Of The Day:
Today's video features two of my favorite YouTube products: The Overly Attached Girlfriend and Life According To Jimmy. There isn't a great way to explain the clip except that she is stalker-ish and he is the laid back no commitment type. Sit back and enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg6iMDfOl9E

Submissions:
So tomorrow I may not have the opportunity to write because it is my brother's wedding. That being said, I would still like to see if anyone has any questions or thoughts for the mailbag piece. If I don't do it tomorrow I will be doing it on Sunday. I'm also thinking about making a few days a week specific days to cover one topic or subject. Let me know if you have any suggestions or something you would like to see. Thanks again for reading the blog and making it a success and fun for me.

1 comment:

  1. I am thoroughly enjoying reading your blog everyday. I find it highly entertaining. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete