Thursday, October 3, 2013

What's In A Name?

The Title:
So the title actually has zero to do with anything that will be in this blog. I was simply trying to come up with a title for tonight's blog that would attract attention, because we know a creative title should grab attention. Then the whole Romeo & Juliet quote came into my head and hence the title. Anyway, lets get to it.

Miniature Tornadoes:
So my daughter is quite the destructive force all on her own. It is hard enough to keep the house semi clean with her running around by herself. The last 4 weeks my wife has been babysitting 3 extra kids. They are good kids. However just like most kids, when you put them all together they run crazy!!! We have tried to clean up the house a time or two but it is kind of a pointless exercise.  So this weekend we will be spending our time cleaning the house and hoping it stays that way for at least a week. If you're a parent you know the struggle that is even with just one kid.

Trust Your Gut:
So I've brought up fantasy football a few times before. Well I had a player tonight that I was debating to play or not. I felt like he was going to have a good game, but I decided to sit him tonight because all the experts were down on him. Well surprise surprise he scored 21 points as a running back. Just to put it in perspective, I would have been happy if I had him in and he scored 10. So the moral of the story is to trust your gut. That is unless it tells you to go ahead and jump. Then you may want to seek a second opinion.

What Did Ya Think:
Did you enjoy the video link I left for you? I'm thinking about possibly having a video of the day or at least a video of the week. Guess what though? Even if you didn't like the video, I did. So take that.  On that note, here's another one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrs7Z8FRQeQ

P.S. - This has nothing to do with anything at all in this section, or anywhere for that matter, but it seemed as good a place as any. Please for the love of all that is holy do not, I repeat, do not wear a tank top when your chest hair covers more than the actual tank top does. This is especially important if you are female.

Day 2 Of My Music Reviews:
Artist: ALBERT KING 
Album: BORN UNDER A BAD SIGN
Song: BORN UNDER A BAD SIGN
Genre: BLUES

Recorded in 1967, Born Under A Bad Sign is a staple in the blues music industry and widely regarded as King's best song. Until listening to it all the way through this time, I had only heard parts of it here and there. Mostly from TV shows. It definitely appeals to anyone that is a fan of the blues, but it also has a draw for rock lovers. With the bass playing in harmony with the electric guitar, its hard for anyone that is a fan of well written music to dismiss this song. It is one of those songs where you just turn up the headphones, kick back, and relax. King's voice is smooth and plays perfectly with the low, mellow character of the song. I would recommend to everyone to go give it a listen. If it's not your thing, so be it. I believe even then you won't regret hearing it at least once. Here's a link to it on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkqns3FWLl4

It Is Decided:
So we learned a few things tonight. First, trust your gut. Second, tank tops and chest hair shouldn't be mixed. Finally third, everyone should have some blues music in their collection. Thanks again for taking the time to read this. If you would all do me a favor and hit that share on Facebook button at the top and spread it around for me I would be very appreciative. Until next time, remember capri pants are effective if you're in a flooded basement.


No comments:

Post a Comment