Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Quail Man Returns

Dear Journal:
It's me Doug. So I was scrolling through amazon kids to find something for my daughter to watch other than Dora or Diego. I found one of my favorite cartoons from my childhood, Doug. So I will be the first to admit that I was probably more enthralled by it than by my kid. I just realized how much Mrs. Dink despised her husband, Mr. Dink. I'm pretty sure if it wasn't a kids cartoon she would have been an alcoholic.



Movie Night:
So to pass the night away I went to Redbox and rented a movie. I rented After Earth. It's the latest from Will Smith and also stars his son, Jaden Smith.  We thought about going and seeing it in the theater, but for whatever reason we didn't end up going. I have to say I'm glad we didn't spend the money for the theater. I'm not saying it was terrible, but I don't think it would've been worth the $25 expense. I'm glad I saw it but it won't be something I will be buying anytime soon.  I would recommend renting it before you buy it if you haven't seen it yet.

Choosing Sides:
So my little girl has as habit of talking in her sleep recently.  Well last night she started giggling and mumbling in her sleep. She even gave out loud, high pitched laugh. So I went to move her and she outright says to me: "I don't want to be on your team daddy." She was dead asleep when she said it. I started laughing so hard I almost dropped her. That little girl never ceases to make me laugh and she can always melt my heart.



Video Of The Day:
Today's video comes by recommendation from my wife. We were shown this video while in Australia. I was really hoping we would see a Huntsman spider while we were there because my wife is petrified of spiders. Unfortunately it was winter and they weren't out.  One of the families we were staying with showed us this video so she could see how big they get, plus it provided a good laugh. If you get squeamish with spider videos this one may not be for you, but if you enjoy grown men falling off ladders then it's for you. Here is the link for it on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRV4d9LCawU

Sleep With One Eye Open:
This is exactly what I'm doing right now. I'm pretty sure I'm not totally awake right now, so I better wrap this up. Check in tomorrow and see the new, once a week feature I'm going to be adding. It will require all my readers help though. If you enjoy reading these would you do me a favor share it with the share it on Facebook or Twitter buttons at the top of the page. Until next time, make sure you choose your team wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment