Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Great Debate

Will That Be An Arm Or A Leg?:
So a few of the woman that are in the front office of my work decided to have a survey today. I'm not really sure how the subject came up or why it was important, but that isn't the point.  The question/survey was this: "Would you rather lose one arm or one leg?"  I thought for sure we would have a consensus one one but I was wrong. Though there was a large majority that voted the way I thought they would, there were a few that went against the grain. My vote was for losing a leg. There were 4 I believe that said they would rather lose an arm. My thought on it, and everyone that voted the same as I did, is this: If you are missing a leg you can get a prosthetic leg and you can almost do anything you can with a leg. You can walk, run, play sports, go hiking, hunt, and you can hide it if you want.  If you had to get a prosthetic arm, it can't really function like a real hand. There is currently nothing out there that has the dexterity and overall functionality of a real hand. To me there not a real valid argument when it comes to a choice. That being said this isn't suppose to be derogatory or rude to anyone in any way, shape, or form. This was just an observation. I know people in both situations and they are incredible people that have and do accomplish more than I do. That being said I would love to have you weigh in with 1 reason for your argument.



I Like Short Weeks:
So the bad news is that today felt like Monday. The good news is that it is actually Wednesday for me and I only have two more days of work before the weekend. So even though the reason for taking off the day yesterday wasn't the greatest, it set me up for a good rest of the week. I am also lucky enough to have awesome co-workers. A few months ago I won a ticket to our local-ish amusement park. Well we are wanting to use it before the park closes for the season, but to buy another two tickets was going to be to expensive for me to justify. Well I was talking about it at work and my co-worker said her whole family was going to go down, but her and her daughter decided they didn't want to go and offered me her to extra tickets. I'm extremely grateful and happy that we will be able to enjoy it now. So thank you in a way to my root canal and a big thank you to my co-worker.



Video Of The Day:
Oh so close. She knew what it was but just couldn't spit it our right. You would think a college student would get it right without even having to hear the answers. It should be a staple of the weekend diet. Well enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI5ijh15OYg



Closing Argument:
Well I just have a few closing thoughts. Up to this point I really have only received two questions (one of which I have already answered with a video posted on the blog) and the other that I have no way to know the answer to yet. I have also received a suggested topic. I am going to need more questions and thoughts in my mailbox for Friday's piece, so if you have anything send it to me using the contact form on the right side of the page.  Thanks again for reading through this, now go ahead and share it so others can lose brain cells at my expense.





1 comment:

  1. Has your daughter been introduced to VeggieTales yet? Do you know if God is bigger than the Boogie man?

    ReplyDelete