Monday, October 14, 2013

Impending Doom

Reeder's Digest:
I can't believe I missed something so obvious. I mean how much more can it be served up on a plate. A bunch of random stories and thoughts all in one place. I should have called my blog "Reeder's Digest." I can't even take credit it for it now, my buddy came up with it. He did have an advantage though. He came up with it while at the place where all the great ideas come from. He was sitting on the toilet.  I just wanted to give him the recognition he deserves. In case you are reading this, "Good for you"!


C'Mon Man:
So just a little rant.  I can't stand that all debit card readers are different. The accept/ok button and the cancel/no button on the touch screens are always on different sides depending on what store you are at. Then even worse is they can change on the same reader during one transactions. For example, today I was at a large electronics retailer purchasing some movies. When I went to buy them the first accept was on the right, the second accept was on the left, then the third accept was back on the right again. Let's make it uniform people. You are driving me crazy. I mean seriously, C'Mon man!


I Won, I Won:
Just as I'm writing this I have officially won my fantasy football game this week. It was the closest game I've had since losing in week one. Coming into Monday nights game I was only up 3 points. I had a quarterback to play and he had a wide receiver. I thought it should be a pretty easy win because the quarterback I was playing had been scoring between 24 and 30 points every week and his receivers best week has been 16 points but his average is about 8. Well my quarterback only scored 17 so he had a chance, luckily his receiver only scored 8 and I won 112 - 101. I'm now first place in my division and tied for first in the league with a record of 5-1. Yay for me.

Video Of The Day:
No introduction is needed. This is just pure, clean fun. Enjoy the interview with a 1 year old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq2T7jP7dpQ

Last Requests:
Tomorrow is the day, my root canal is here. I'm not excited at all. I am excited for the constant dull ache to be gone, but I wish there was an alternative to a root canal that would allow me to keep the tooth. Alas, there is no other way. My last request is that if I do not pull through this procedure that these few blog entries be compiled into a small book and sold as bathroom literature.  Farewell my friends, I hope to write tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I love the "Reeder's Digest" suggestion! Perhaps you ought to change the name of your blog or create a new one and shift.

    Good luck with your tooth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally cancelled a transaction because I hit 'no' I don't want cash back but 'yes' the amount is correct, but sometimes those prompts come in the right order and I'm too special to realize that before I start button mashing some days...

    ReplyDelete